Carbon Monoxide (CO)

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless and toxic gas. Because it is impossible to see, taste or smell the toxic fumes, CO can kill you before you are aware it is in your home. At lower levels of exposure, CO causes mild effects that are often mistaken for the flu. These symptoms include headaches, dizziness, disorientation, nausea and fatigue. The effects of CO exposure can vary greatly from person to person depending on age, overall health and the concentration and length of exposure.

City of New Haven Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program

City of New Haven
Health Department
Bureau of Environmental Health
54 Meadow Street, 9th Floor
New Haven, CT 06519
Attention: Paul Kowalski
(203) 946-8174